The FACES for the Future Denver Program is a partnership between Inner City, Manual High School, and Denver Youth Programs. The program officially launched in the Fall of 2017. The FACES Denver program provides a multi-year healthcare internship and leadership development program for Manual High School students. The program will support entry into healthcare professions through internships, workshops, academic support, college preparation, and wellness support.
HEALTH CAREERS EXPLORATION
- Clinical and non-clinical rotations with local healthcare and community-based agencies.
- Exposure to one-on-one relationships with Internship Supervisors who provide support, guidance and hands-on training.
- Interactive Workshops and Field Trips designed to further immerse students in the health professions.
- Interaction with health professionals who regularly present during classroom workshops to enhance healthcare preparatory curricula.
ACADEMIC SUPPORT AND ENRICHMENT
- Health careers preparatory curriculum, covering topics such as HIPAA, ethics and confidentiality, safety, and professionalism.
- Individualized academic and career support to high school students via one-on-one advising and tutoring.
- College pathways support in helping search for college, apply and receive financial aid.
WELLNESS SUPPORT AND PSYCHO-SOCIAL INTERVENTION
- A Psychosocial Program focusing on counseling and education.
- Ongoing case management, psycho-social referrals to appropriate services when appropriate.
- Individualized Life Coaching and academic plans.
- Strong commitment to engaging parents and families in all aspects of the FACES program via parent meetings and phone conferences.
YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Regular personal growth workshops focused on experiential learning about self-advocacy, assertive communication, healthy and unhealthy relationships, stress management, and other relevant topics.
- Team building activities and support experiences.
- Working with and supporting youth to seek out leadership opportunities in FACES as well as their schools and neighborhoods.
FACES for the Future Coalition
email@example.com | 415-760-0734