Samuel Merritt University, Oakland
The Behavioral Health Undergraduate Summit was a unique opportunity to gain experience, training and professional development in the behavioral healthcare field. This two-week summer program provided a participation stipend and a combination of workshops, tours, and guest speakers to advance participants toward their career goals.
Through a combination of workshops, tours and guest speakers, participants built their professional network and gain skills which will advance their personal career goals. Students also learned how to become successful at ending stigma in their own communities. We had access to facilities and professionals who do this work every day and learned from their stories of resilience and recovery.
The BHUS seeks applicants who are:
- Motivated and responsible students.
- Recent high school graduate or college undergraduate (FACES alumni will be prioritized).
- Genuinely interested in pursuing a career in behavioral/mental health.
- Willing to participate fully in a unique learning experience.
- From diverse, socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
How to Apply:
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Each summer, we accept approximately 30 students for the summer program. There is no tuition for the program. Stipends will be provided to students who are accepted into the program.
Online applications are not currently open.