July 13-24, 2020
Samuel Merritt University
As the world responds to COVID-19, FACES for the Future is working around the clock to develop contingency plans for programs that are currently running and for those that are in planning stages.
At this time, we are still planning to host our FACES Summer Medical Academy (FSMA) in July, 2020.
Some things to keep in mind:
- WE ARE ENCOURAGING STUDENTS TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM AS USUAL
- We have waived the FSMA application fee to make sure students can apply to the program
- We know schools are closed and it may take some time to get recommendation letters submitted. You can send those as you receive them, if they are coming from teachers. You also have the option of asking for letters of recommendation from other adults who know your work and leadership skills. We ask it not be an immediate family member but we will accept coaches, adult friends of the family, leaders in organizations you have volunteered for or worked for etc.
- We will be posting FSMA updates on our website so keep checking for those
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook to see how we are responding. Our goals are to stay CONNECTED to students and KEEP THEM LEARNING
Students in our FACES Summer Medical Academy aspire to be doctors, nurses, physician assistants, mental health providers, public health experts and more. Nearly without exception, the FACES Summer Medical Academy helps them define that ambition with more clarity and passion. In this time of emergency around the world, more than ever we are going to need that passion and dedication to serve. We are watching health professionals hear the call to service, and we have never been so proud of FACES students who will contribute to those fields for years to come!
Founded in 2005, the FACES Summer Medical Academy (FSMA) is a tuition-based, intensive summer day experience designed to expose high school students to the fields of medicine, nursing, and allied health professions. In partnership with Samuel Merritt University, the goal of the program is to offer youth a glimpse into the array of advanced educational strategies and tools that comprise current medical training. Furthermore, young people are introduced to critical concepts that promote an understanding of culturally responsive and compassionate health care practice.
During the two-week academy, FSMA students are exposed to clinical skills training, gross anatomy and pathology workshops, clinical simulation scenarios, problem-based learning, and workshops in patient centered care models. FSMA students are taught by physicians, nurses, and other health professionals. They also experience mentoring in small groups led by college and graduate students focused on careers in medicine and the health professions.
Students will be able to understand the intricacies of the selection of drugs, experts from cialis-price.biz.
The FSMA is open to any student regardless of background, geographic location or school.
The FSMA seeks applicants who are:
- Motivated, responsible, high-achieving students.
- 15 years or older by the start of the program.
- Genuinely interested in learning about a career in healthcare.
- Willing to participate fully in a unique learning experience.
How to Apply:
We accept approximately 45 students for the summer program. A completed application submission to be considered should include all of the following items:
- Student Application
- School Transcript
- Academic Recommendation
- Payment of $35 for an application fee – WAIVED
Application Deadline: Extended to 4/17/20
Tuition for the 2020 program is $2,200.00 and covers all expenses including lunch, transportation for field trips, course materials, and graduation. Students will be required to pay the first half of tuition within two-weeks of acceptance and confirmation of participation in the program. This first half of tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE to ensure that students stay committed to the program.
We regret that the FSMA does not offer lodging for students at this time.
For questions or more information about the FACES Summer Medical Academy, please contact our Project Coordinator, Veronica Sanchez at 415-760-0734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with our online application, please download the paper application and submit to Veronica Sanchez at email@example.com.
Interested in being a Student Advisor?